Moose Camp, November 2002
We didn't get a moose this year, came close a few times.
We did manage a whitetail deer, and my daughter got her first
ruffed grouse, which she ate for dinner.
- Ted Cook, taking away old wall tent pole towards the outside firepit (We redid our wall tent frame this year).
- Cathryn, in front of camp.
- Cathryn, doing homework inside the tent
- Calvin, Lunchtime
- Ted Cook, Tea next to the heater.
- Cathryn, More homework
- Cathryn, with Ruffed Grouse
- More Cathryn, with Ruffed Grouse
- Still more Cathryn, with ruffed Grouse
- Morning Ritual, My Dad duct tapes foot warmers to the bottom of Cathryn's socks before heading out. Calvin sits next to him.
- Mmm.. Heat and Dinner!
- Morning Snow, looking at camp
- Early morning view of Christmas Creek from tent front door
- Firepit and Hanging deer, early morning
- Camp, side view, Landrover and Chev Beast.
- Ted Does Dishes
- Ted Walking up Cutline in front of me. We kicked up a cow and calf moose about 5 minutes after I took this picture
- Local lake, we call Ghost lake, because of it's kidney shape the ice gets a pressure ridge down the middle, which when the sun hits and it expands in the morning it emits frequent ghostly hoots from the ice rubbing against itself. If you walk out on the ice it's like standing on a huge speaker - incredibly cool.
- Old Well site near camp
- The Same well site, shot from the place I laid waiting for deer when I was 14 - you can't lay here and see much now
- Deer, Gear, and Chainsaw in back of truck
- Returned home, Yes, a Geek lives next door